Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It's been a week...or eight...

So, uh, remember my pledge to clean my office in a week {eight weeks ago}? 


I finally got to it yesterday.  I'm not completely finished yet, but it had gotten exponetially worse the past few weeks and it was time.

Here's how it looked yesterday before I started.

Ugh.


I'm embarrassed to say that it took me most of the day, but here's how it ended up:


Wow.  Look at that.  I had forgotton what color my desk was underneath all of that stuff....


This is a picture of me and my sisters when we were younger.  My mom made all three dresses. 
 I finally have room to display it.



...and a few other things...


De-junking my house has made me realize that we have waaaaaaay too much stuff.

I always thought it was weird when people said that they spent their first 30 years buying and collecting stuff and the next 30 years trying to get rid of all that stuff.

It's totally true, though.

I want to surround myself with people and stuff that I love and that reminds me of happy times in my life.

It feels so nice to have the office mostly clean.

To quote my two-year-old: "Ohhhhhhh yeaaaaaaahhhh!"

1 comment:

katie@tulsadetails said...

Ooooh! I love before and afters! It looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...