Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Not-So-Funny Thing Happend on the Way to the Closing...

Life has a funny way of keeping you on your toes.
As I was driving to the closing of our old home and purchase of our new home, I got the call that everyone who has ever sold a home dreads.  The buyer changed their mind.  They are walking away from the contract.
1 hour from signing.
Who does that?
Who spends several hours looking at a home, does a full inspection with positive results, goes through a final walkthrough with no hint of cold feet--and then backs out at the last minute?
We are baffled.
But must regroup.
So.
Our home is on the market again.
Anyone know anyone who is interested in buying a home in Saratoga Springs?
For a full tour, see this post and this post.

5 comments:

Laney said...

Lame! Hoping it works out.

the lil' phat farm said...

Do we ever really know why things happen WHEN they happen...no. But eventually it will all make sense:)

Jenelle said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe that happened! So are you staying put till it sells? I am so sorry! It will all work out :)

LynnEl Springer said...

I know you don't know me, but I follow your blog cuz it's so awesome and you have great YW ideas. I also work for a Real Estate Attorney and am wondering how it is that someone can back out of a contract at the last minute without some breach somewhere. That's just not legal. I think you need an attorney on this! Might be worth it for you. So sorry to hear this!
LynnEl in Illinois

Kathy@mishmashmom said...

Beema-There was nothing we could do about them backing out...but we did end up with their earnest money, which took the sting away a little.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...